Build interative data map

Hello!

I am looking to build an interative data map into my Weweb app and would like to know if this is possible, the best approach and if anyone is open to doing a pain project to build this for me as I assume it will have to be created outside of Weweb.

I am trying to build something that will look like a visual graph database where the different items/nodes have pre-defined relationships and the information displayed will depend on which company page one of my users is on (see screenshot for rough visual idea).

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Ambitious, love it! Will you need drag and drop on the cards to be able to reorganize the graph?

I see this one tough, if you have to drag’n drop the stuff around especially with the connectors. I’d go with custom component, or an external service that you can just embed in your project. Somehow people tend to pull off crazy/amazing stuff like this on WeWeb with WeWeb functionalities, so you might as well give it a shot and see how it goes :smiley:

Yes it is an interesting one!

There is no need to drag & drop / reorganise the cards as they will be fixed - only the data they hold will change.

They just need to be linked by a line, an org chart is probably a better way to explain it from a visual perspective.

Thanks a lot!!

I think without dragging, this might be very doable in WeWeb :slight_smile: You’ll just have to engineer it a little.

You still have to implement the layout algorithm, so there is some code required.