Bug or Issue with REST POST Query string

Hello,
I am trying to send a POST API to my backend through Weweb but I am having issues as it seems Weweb is not sending any query strings that are defined by me.

From the attached screenshots, you can see that:

• Weweb says that it is sending the query strings.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 7.23.24 PM

• My Backend is not receiving any query strings.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 7.22.55 PM

• Trying to send the request from Weweb to Webhook.site shows that it is not receiving any query strings.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 7.23.33 PM

• When sending the same request from Postman, it is correctly sending the query strings and these are received from our BE.

Am I missing something with how these query strings should be added? Should I just go directly and add them within the URL field?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @DrHariri :wave:

Do you get an error message from WeWeb when you test the action or does it say the POST succeeded like it does in the example below?

Here’s a short video explaining how I setup my POST request in WeWeb with query strings.

Let me know if it helps.

If not, please don’t hesitate to follow up with a short video walking us through the workflow in WeWeb and/or a link to your project so we can have another look.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for taking a look @Joyce
I took a look at your Loom and that’s how I setup my request. I’ve recorded a Loom showing potentially what could be going wrong:

You can see my requests on Webhook.site here:

It would be great if you can confirm from your end when the query strings are going out fine.

1 Like

Hi @DrHariri,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to record this!

Just to confirm, when you make the request client side, do you get the query strings in webhook.site despite the error message in WeWeb’s debugger?

Hello @Joyce,
When its on “client side” it sends the request as OPTIONS first and it does include the query strings.

@Joyce Hello Joyce, I know you are busy with these great videos you are putting out but just wanted to check if anyone from the engineering team was able to reproduce this issue?
Thanks!

Oh I’m sorry, I dropped the ball on this one! I thought the issue was solved with your other thread.

I will follow up with the tech team and get back to you next week.

Really sorry about this!!!

No problem. I hope they can find what’s wrong.

Ok it was indeed a bug on our side. It should be fixed now :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your patience! Sorry I dropped the ball on this one.