Better understanding variables and back end filters

Hi guys, i’m a bubble+xano user that has just discovered weweb. Firstly i’ve been so impressed by weweb so far. The number of hacks and work arounds I had to do to integrate xano and bubble makes weweb+xano a breath of fresh air!

I’ve been watching all the tutorials which are great but had a few questions which if answered will hopefully accelerate my transition across.

Firstly I have a collection called Players.

In Xano I have a Get Players API that returns players based on a number of variables i.e Team, Country, Age Range, Position

For example if my input variable is Country & Age Range it will filter the players by those 2 variables in the back end and return the data. (Back End Filter). Note I do not want to use front end filters.

I have a home page which has some predefined buttons i.e…

Button 1 - English Strikers (Country: England, Position: Strikers)
Button 2 - Young French Strikers (Country: France, Position: Strikers, Age Range: 16-21)

Finally I have a Players page which has a table of players filtered by the API call

My questions are as follows:

1. When I first setup the collection, should I set up variables and assign those to the inputs?

2. When I create the buttons on the home page, should I pass the values as parameters & then assign those values to variables on page load? OR should I set the value of those variables on clicking the button on the homepage and set them to preserve on navigation? What is the common approach in weweb?

3. When I load the players page if the collection is linked to the variables I assume the collections list will update automatically?

4. On the page I have inputs where you can change the input variables. i.e. country. Do I just update the variable & refresh the collection call?

Finally some general question…

1. Variables are always global?

2. & I assume all dynamic calls are run off variables right? i.e. you can’t fetch a collection and connect the Xano input directly to a page input (i.e dropdown value)?

Sorry if these questions are basic but just trying to navigate the platform as a newbie!

Amar