Benefits of paid vs free plan?

Hi everybody,

Currently I’m rebuilding my website in Weweb. This is the time that everything should work great, but I’m experiencing different issues. So I was wondering if this can have anything to do with the fact that I’m using the free plan? The price of Starter is not an issue in itself, but I’d like to understand if that would be helpful in any way.
So my question: is creating/editing a website with a paid plan somehow better? Any insights are highly appreciated!

And my second question: How do I create 2 websites and run them on 2 custom domains? When I look at the pricing I only see ONE custom domain no matter if you choose Starter/Scale/Enterprise.

1 Like

Great question! I made a short video to give a few details which plan would be right for you.
I’ll check on the custom domain of the question.

Take care and please let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

1 Like

You can’t publish the site to a subdomain, and therefore you can’t properly test it on other devices. The simulating breakpoints inside the editor is helpful, but doesn’t simulate the actual device. I just found out that there’s a major issue with the grid system and doesn’t work great on iOS devices. I wouldn’t have known that until I’ve paid for the starter plan. Because most of my site is built with the grid system, which I would recommend over the flex one, now I have to wait until that bug is fixed. Changing everything to flex will just take a lot of time. But the issue isn’t fixed soon enough, I will have to change it to flex.

The free plan is good for some quick learn, but when you actually work on a real product, I would recommend buying the starter package.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you @Doc,

I understand that the editor has no restrictions with the free plan. So from that perspective I can carry on building the website - until it’s close to completion.
And @cataleen mentioned something important: no preview mode beats testing a published website.

Hi Thijs,

1. There is no difference between Free and paid tiers (Starter and Scale) with respect to performance.
  2. Each project requires its license - either Starter or Scale. So to create two apps you will require two plans.
2 Likes