2 select filter

Hello,

I have 2 beginner’s questions.
I’ve added 2 search filters to a list. When I select an option in each filter, the search is carried out correctly.

First question: when I launch my page, none of the records in my list are displayed until I have selected the 2 filters. How can I ensure that all the records are displayed without having to select an option in the search filters?

Second question: How can I ensure that selecting an option in the 2 search filters is not mandatory in order to display the search results?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Anthony :wave:

You might need to enable the “Ignore if empty” option on your filters:

And make sure to use an OR condition:

Does that help?

If not, could you record a short video of how things are setup in your project and what happens when you load the page in preview mode?

Hello @Joyce,

Thank you very much for your reply! I hadn’t seen this option… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I’ve got another question now: how do you display a “no results” text type if the search doesn’t return any results?
I’ve tried to apply what is indicated in this post: Search with result - #2 by khairul but it doesn’t work in my project.

Thanks in advance

My pleasure!

This video might help for displaying the number of items in a collection or replacing with a “No results” text type when the collection is empty: https://youtu.be/hJDpWGyeQoQ?si=6FxuYUYBFfWBBuUC&t=860

Hello,

Thanks for the link to the video. I’ve managed to adapt the formula to my project. It displays the total number of results correctly but I can’t get the number of results for a search made with my 2 selects (drop-down list).
Do I need to do this when setting up workflows?

Thanks

Mmm I’m not I understand.

Could you record a short video showing me how things are set up and what you’re trying to achieve?

Hello,

I’m attaching 3 images to this post:
1: the display of the number of results without selection (therefore the total number of entries)
2: display of the number of results with selections
formula: set up following the video you provided in your previous post

Regardless of the filter selected, the number of results remains the same. I can’t seem to link the selects to the text field that displays the number of results.

Am I being clearer? :smile:

Thank you in advance.

formula

Mmm not really, sorry :sweat_smile: I’m still not sure how things are setup on your end but here’s a short video on how it can work: Anthony: number of items with 2 selects — Tella

Hello,

It’s ok. Thank you very much @Joyce ! :slight_smile: