Xano collection not fetching all the data? New bug?

Just submitted a ticket, but wondering if anyone else is seeing an issue with Xano collections not fetching the entire response? I have a endpoint that has been working for months and now today there are sections of the response that are not resolving in WeWeb. For context, the endpoint is a GET of a table in Xano, with addons that pull related table records in several levels. The data that is missing in WeWeb is some of the related records.

If I call the endpoint directly in the browser, it pulls everything. If I refresh the collection or the browser, sometimes the missing data changes. If I check the Xano request history, it shows all the data was served. Very weird and couldn’t come at a worse time, have a big demo planned this afternoon.

Could you show us a screenshot or a Loom with the WeWeb and Xano configuration of the endpoint? Seems like a config mismatch to me.

Here you go. I don’t think there is an issue with the configuration, but maybe I’ll be surprised… it hasn’t been changed in weeks and has been working until today.

If I setup a new collection with a Rest API call it works as expected. Tells me the Xano plugin has changed somehow since yesterday…

There is more unfortunate changes in the existing components and they stopped working :frowning:

Spoke too soon, seems like after a few refreshed of the direct Rest API call, the same behavior is exhibited. Is this some sort of cache issue?

No response yet to the ticket that I submitted Friday morning US central time.

This is impacting a production app.

Hi @ericp,
you should receive an update with details explanation on the support app.
I will not share details as it may be private, but a summary was that you have a repeat container binded to a custom javascript formula, and this formula was filterting your data and updating it in the meantime.
We send you an updated script to avoid side effect.
When you have deep object/array, always avoid methods with assignement on your filter to avoid this problem in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you WeWeb team for troubleshooting this issue. The javascript formula implications are a bit over my head, but when I asked ChatGPT, what the functional differences are between my original formula and what the team suggested, the answer was that my formula modified the input array using the ‘map’ function, effecting all other uses of that array on the page. Your formula instead uses the ‘filter’ function, which does so only in the context of that specific component where it is called. Is this correct?

Learned something new. FWIW, I believe I used the Ask AI function in WeWeb to generate that original JS code. Not sure if there is a way to provide the negative feedback to the model to prevent similar issues in the future… again, over my head! :smile:

Hey,
The problem was not the map itself, but the fact thats inside it you reassigned your array property with the filter versions