Which data type do I choose to update an object in Xano?

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on integrating WeWeb with a Xano backend and have encountered a situation that requires some guidance.
My Xano database has a column (company_id) that is type object (list) with only one “key” which is “company_id”, type of data is integer, designed to hold company IDs (company_id). I need to figure out the most efficient way to store and manage these IDs within WeWeb to facilitate easy updates to this Xano table. On Weweb I have a dropdown menu with multiple select and a variable that stores the company ids but I can’t seem to post them to my object column on Xano. I have managed to make the API Request but it creates the number of records in my xano object but no data is shown.

Could someone advise on whether it’s better to use an array or an object data type in WeWeb for storing a list of company IDs and posting them to a Xano object? Furthermore, what would be the best approach to update the object type (list) in the Xano database when I only have one column available for this data (if you know, i will post on the Xano forum too)?

Any insights on how to structure this data on WeWeb and tips for updating the Xano list would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if there are any tutorials or documentation that specifically address this scenario, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Kozeo

Could you share the structure of the column visually (using a screenshot)? And how you’ve setup your WeWeb app?

It’ll help see if there’s any difference between both datasets.