Weweb Editor removing authenticated users data

Hi, has anyone seen an issue where when authenticating a user in the weweb editor for testing, that record in the xano database loses the name, email, and other random fileds while maintaining the others? This is happening consistently but only in the editor.

Hi @mark :wave:

I haven’t seen that issue come up. Are you using the Login action of the Xano Auth plugin with email and password like in the example below or do you have a more sophisticated login flow?

Don’t hesitate to report the issue here if you think it’s a bug.

Hi, no the support team was great in helping me pinpoint the issue. Xano is the problem. I’ll never understand why, but in Xano’s infinite wisdom they use Full Object replacement, so I cant just update the data that I need to update, instead I need to update every field in the entire record. How efficient lol… that won’t cause any problems at scale at all :person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

So when I was updating a field on the user it reset the rest of the user data.

1 Like

You can edit certain fields in a record in Xano using the “first_notempty” filter.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve just started going through this. It’s really too bad that Xano has made it this confusing. I’ve left them some feedback.

I’m pretty sure every single Nocoder who uses Xano thinks that hiding fields on the Input step of their API workflows means that the field value wont be changed lol.

If you cant find this 2 year old video you’re likely to make the same mistake as I am. I guess Xano has never heard of the API term PATCH.

If the inputs are hidden/deleted in Xano then Xano won’t update those fields. Just be sure they are also hidden in the function.