Supabase RLS - succed with (auth.uid() = user_id)?

Anyone successfully added Supabase plugin and been able to show only records from the database which the user have created themself?

Just like Joyce in this video, where she makes a policy for “bookings”

Yup. Do you have issues?

Hi @Broberto, yeah I have some issue regrading the auth user_id, I might have setup the policy from or something else. I have recorded a video of it: Weweb x Supabase auth.user_id — Tella

I have a DB, pipeline, which two different user_id. The connection from SB to WW works, but when I add the policy auth=user_id some wrong happens or I have forgot something… If you have time, can you maybe see what Im missing? Thanks a lot :smiley:

The query seems to be fine, I’d look at the logs if I was you.
Here for example, I’m fetching a tickets table, as the very first step, I’d look at the auth_user, you have the id there, if that matches, then there is some problem in the query.

This way you make sure, you’re passing the ID to the Supabase and it’s right.

I simulated this with my account on my project and it seems to work (I did a fixed uuid as I don’t have such table with user_id)

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Broberto for the guidance, I looked at the logs, and saw there a no auth getting parsed in the “sb”:
Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 21.36.31

Guess I haven’t set it up correctly in Weweb?
will remove the plugin and set it up again to see if it makes a difference.

The test policy had the save output.

1 Like

Update: tested the flows and found out when a user is logged in, the user is in fact “Error: Not logged in” :smiley: and that is way the “SB” is empty.

I have used the plugin (Supabase auth) without any modifications, and is able to see the user-details in WW, but the connection between SB and WW responds with a “Error: Not logged in”.

I have created a ticket and will do some more tests.

1 Like