Stripe Errors - cannot get plugin to work

Hey there – new to WeWeb but cannot figure out how to integrate stripe. I figured it would be as easy as adding the plugin, the 4 keys and adding a component onto the page.

Ive tried to do this but I just keep getting this error “Invalid Stripe configuration”

The WeWeb team hasn’t helped me and claim it works fine on their end, but I unfortunately am experiencing errors and am hitting a dead end.

Has anyone else run into this?

1 Like

@Joyce would you be able to please help me? :pray:

I’m running into the same symptom. Followed docs - was able to successfully create payment intent and bind to the element’s setting, but still see “Invalid Stripe configuration”

1 Like

Hi @amandalllls, sorry we weren’t able to help sooner on this. Could you record a short video walking me through the setup on your end so I can have a look?

I’m currently face on the same issue, and Chat support shows no response over a week.
How can I fix this problem?

1 Like

Hello, we know the issue, we are working on it, sorry about that

It’s fixed, could you try and tell us if it’s working :slight_smile:

It works fine! Thanks for your support.
Integrate to stripe is very easy with this plugin!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue too! Sent a support request

Update: The support helped me to find the issue! I was selecting the object ID to update the variable instead of the client_secret (see screenshot below). When you do this, the system doesn’t show you an error message and you might not see the issue because both ID and client_secret have the string of characters at the start (pi_xxx).

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to share the solution @Laurendv, we really appreciate it :slight_smile:

FYI, I’ve updated the user doc to make it clearer that it’s the client_secret value inside the result that needs to be selected. Hope it helps other users!

1 Like

I am currently running into this very issue with “Invalid Stripe configuration”. I followed the docs, had no issues setting it up until I had to bind payment_intent_client_secret to the “Stripe - Payment” component. The variable payment_intent_client_secret is updated with Action.result[‘client_secret’] per the docs and this thread.

Any suggestions?

Would you mind recording a short video walking us through your setup or sharing a few screenshots of how things are setup on your side so we can take a look?

@Joyce Well I was about to record a video, but upon opening the editor today the payment form is now showing. If something changes I will record and send it over.

Thank you for responding though.

I’m actually currently experiencing this issue at the moment. I was able to successfully complete the Get Client Secret workflow and have the keys added to the Stripe plugin. I’ve tried changing keys, re-adding the component, etc. But still have the red “Invalid Stripe Configuration” displayed.

I took note of the earlier messages in this thread and confirmed that I am pulling the “client_secret” and not the ID.

Update, I waited 48 hours without changing anything and it works! Not sure, but me and SuperCreativeConsult seem to need to wait a bit and it takes care of itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh weird! That might be a hard bug to reproduce if it’s indeed a bug.

Did you come back to the project to edit other pages during those 48 hours? (Trying to figure out if it could be something when the editor loads or not)

I’ll create a ticket for the tech team to keep this in mind. Maybe there’s something obvious to them that I’m missing :confused: