Set init value for file input in form

I'm working on enhancing the job application experience on our platform. Currently, we have a feature that allows users to upload their resumes when applying for jobs. Our goal is to personalize this process further.

Here's what we're aiming for:

1. Initial Resume Upload: Users have to upload a resume when they first sign up, we then store that in our database
  2. Resume in Job Applications: When applying for a job, we want the previously uploaded resume to appear as the default option in the application form.
  3. Option for Customization: Users should have the flexibility to replace this default resume with a new or more tailored version for specific job applications.
  4. Fallback to Default: If the user chooses not to upload a new file, the system should automatically use the resume already on file.

The key question is: Can we implement this feature where the initial resume serves as a default, with the option to replace it for individual job applications?

For some more context I am using the native WeWeb "Upload file" input not the drag & drop input, let me know if I should change it or use another input method!

Our backend is powered by Xano, in case this detail influences the solution.

Any guidance, tips, or insights on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

It’s as simple as saving a reference to each CV in a Xano table with reference to your uploaded CV. After that, you either us an “active” column, or order them by whatever you need.

1 Like

hi @Broberto thanks for the response! I guess I know how to retrieve the existing file, it’s more of a question of how do I set an init value to a “Upload file” component?