Retaining data on page refresh

Hi, in my project I have multiple users with their profile cards on a page. All the users have their own profile page. I have created a variable profileview{} and whenever someone clicks on a particular users profile card the variable is passed the users id(item data) and the profile is displayed in another page. just a normal feature which we have in almost every site. This is working fine however once i refresh the profile page the variable profileview{} is null and no data is displayed in the profile page. Is there any way to prevent loosing data on page refresh or any other way? This is a scenario when i am not leaving a users profile page and refreshing the page)

Reference images:
pic 1: the actual workflow where the variable is being assigned

In the profile page, i am binding the variable data ( i cant find a way to display the correct data apart from profileview{} )

You will need to modify the settings of the profileview variable. If you go to your variables and choose profileview you’ll see settings for type, default value and current value. Below that you have 2 y/n options:

• Preserve on navigation
  • Save in local storage

Preserve on navigation works across pages, but not when the browser is refreshed. If you save in local storage the variable value will not be lost on refresh.

Also worth pointing out that there may be reasons why you wouldn’t want to save in local storage (e.g., you may now want/need to reset the value in certain circumstances where just preserving on navigation without saving in local storage would have effectively done that reset for you).

1 Like

thanks it worked. I presume i am going to use it in local storage for the moment. from what you have mentioned I understand that I will have to reset the value when the user will navigate away from the page, at the moment it seems to be the only option.
thanks for your help