New components versus variables

In the new mechanics about components. I saw that you have the option to create a variable for the element. When I associate the value of a parameter with this variable. My question is when I use the created component, where do I say the value of this variable? I looked but couldn’t find it.

You should probably use parameters if you want to be able to bind the data. Variables are internal, to the component.

1 Like

I was going to do a separate post on this but I think this is along the same lines.

If I use a component over multiple pages, like a plus icon to add new items, and then add a workflow to that component, does it run on that instance only or on every instance of that component?

It should trigger on the instance itself only. Unless you have some logic that does otherwise

I found it firing multiple instances. At least I think that’s what it was doing as my logs were showing a lot more action than what was supposed to be happening. I guess I’ll do more testing on it to verify.

Kind regards,

Daniel White
Director
Whitehaus Building Pty Ltd

Yeah, I’d do an overhaul of what you’re firing, the new UI got us all a little off guard, gotta get used to it. So far, I’ve had the experience, that the logic is scoped. Unless your logic is firing something on all pages.

I am using a global workflow so that could be my issue also. Much testing needed

Kind regards,

Daniel White
Director
Whitehaus Building Pty Ltd

I think there is some kind of issue going on. I am clicking on a component that doesn’t have a workflow set on it at all and it is throwing errors like something isn’t set right. But it shouldn’t do anything at all if there is no workflow.

Ok. I figure it out.
I had added a workflow inside the component. When you go to edit component and then across to the workflows tab i had added on there as shown below.

That’s exactly what I thought :sweat_smile: Glad you found it

1 Like