Menu mobile trigger type being overwritten

This is a strange bug:

• first, we’re using the navigation component and setting the mobile trigger type to be icon
  • second, for whatever reason, as we navigate the aplication in editor – typically jumping between mobile and desktop across different pages – the mobile trigger type configs are overwritten
  • sometimes it defaults back to showing a random “New text” plain text, other times it defaults back to the original sized hamburger button and the close icon z-axis is lost on exit icon so it doesn’t show when menu is expanded

in fact, we were able to capture the exact issue in this loom video: here.

as you’ll see, i first update the trigger type on mobile, confirm that it’s showing as desired, then navigate between a few pages and upon returning to the original page, the trigger icon configs have already been overwritten.

can you please help identify the cause? this makes it super hard to have confidence in deploys without first manually checking each page on mobile to ensure the configs have not been overwritten.

Seems like this might be an issue on our side. I will submit a ticket for you and look into it.

As a sidenote, you could potentially use our multi-page sections to have consistant navigation on all pages

1 Like

hey @luka thank you.

ah, i’m definitely onboard with standardizing the nav menu so we can avoid needing to update on each page. given the exciting new component release, would it be better for us to create a nav component?

just read up on how the multi-page sections work and see that it’s an obvious improvement we need to implement across our own and our client sites! Multi-page sections | WeWeb documentation

please confirm if best practice is to use multi-page section, or new component functionality to implement this. in terms of web app speed and responsiveness

You should use a multi-page section in order to maximize the power of SPA meaning when you change pages the navigation wont load again, it will stay there

You can use component inside the section to standardize the design

1 Like