Is it possible to link different web apps together?

For example, if I have two different apps, one for inventory and supplies and the other for management, could I get these two to talk and sync to each other like a family of applications?

Kind of like how Google has calendar, notes, and email communicating with each other.

Depends what you mean by communicate you can have links to other sites and you can request information from database ect and use the same user logins that would all work fine.

Thank you for replying.

A better example of what I mean is how the Google products communicate with each other. For example, if you get an email with a date and time, that date and time would show up in your calendar.

The simple answer is yes. In your case when new supplies are logged in the inventory app, it could send data to the management app, alerting it to update budgets, schedules, or other related tasks. Conversely, the management app could send directives or queries to the inventory app. With weweb the databases are separate so you can use them however you like really.

1 Like

Great to hear. I was looking all over online to try and get a handle on how it would work or what was needed and I started looking at APIs. Are you talking about REST API or is it something else?

Depends what backend you use REST works for databases that aren’t natively supported by we web take a look at these docs for the different database options and plugins

I’d be using xano.

So for the two apps to communicate, the only thing they’d need to do is to communicate through xano/the DB?

Yep so any change to the database from one app can be displayed dynamically in the other.

1 Like