Indexation issues

Hi,

I’ve got a pretty big issue with my Weweb site and I’m hoping someone can help me out.

@Quentin I saw your post here: iFrames that contain a noindex tag are causing Google to label my entire page noindex You mentioned that noindex tags can be automatically added via the Weweb editor URL. I think that’s exactly what’s happening to me!

Here’s my situation:

• I’m using a worker to index my dynamic pages.
  • But it looks like most of my pages, even my homepage, have a noindex tag.
  • As a result, my pages can’t be indexed by Google. :scream:

This is a huge problem for my site’s SEO. How can I solve this? Is there a way to prevent Weweb from automatically adding these noindex tags?

Thanks in advance for your help, it’s really crucial for me!

Hi @Davy :wave:

I see you have enabled the “Hide page in Google and other search engines” option on a lot of pages, like the ‘affiliation’ page below:

Could this be causing the issue or are you seeing noindex tags on other pages?

1 Like

Hey @Joyce,
Those pages will be used post-login and are private pages. However, the issue I’m facing actually concerns the pages that are meant to be public, such as the homepage.
I’ve submitted a ticket regarding this, and a bug has been identified.
At this point, I’m not certain we can resolve this issue without delving into the code.

Hey @Davy, what was the bug that was identified? I’ve had issues for years, and I just launched a new page that needs to be searchable. You referenced my thread at the top actually, haha. Hoping you can help me figure out what’s going on for me as well.

Are you using dynamic page indexing?
Or cloudflare instead of direct indexing from weweb?

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding your question:

Some pages contain dynamic content, but some are static. The “no-index” and “redirect” issue show up on multiple pages of both dynamic and static content.

Thanks

1. Watch the tutorial on dynamic pages: Dynamic Pages Tutorial (ensure that you’re using WeWeb’s URL in the code, not your custom domain).
  2. Set it up using this repository: WeWeb Dynamic Metadata with Cloudflare Worker.
  3. You’ll need to submit a separate sitemap to Google Search Console. Create the endpoint in Xano and use Cloudflare to redirect it from your own domain (e.g., yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml redirects to https://xanoendpointurl.com).

The code should have been updated last week, as it’s working for me now. If not, let me know, and I’ll send you my version.

This should get you set up!

Thanks for this. I’m not using dynamic pages. All pages are static and contain their own metadata. So it seems we may have different issues.

Thanks again for your help, though!

I have submitted a ticket for static pages last weekend. I have the same issue. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks, Davy. Much appreciated.