I need estimation of the data/usage for my business plan

Hi,
I would really appreciate some kind of idea about how to plan my expenses, because

1. I need to know when we are going to grow out of Weweb/ How many users I can have here
  2. I want to sure I’m pricing my product correctly

It is difficult, but maybe someone has ideas?
I have a membership, how many times an average user is logging in in a month? How much data do they generate?

What would be an estimation in high-usage case? Low usage isn’t a problem, but I have no idea where the roof is. How many users is 50 000 monthly app visits, in the worst case? 100? How much data that would mean?

My project contains

• An interactive tool (the full content is 15 000 words, mostly text based)
  • Member groups.
  • Chat

Would really appreaciate any ideas about prediction.

Hi Kat, there isn’t a very strong correlation between users and monthly visits and so it is not possible to come up with any estimates of this kind. Application visits are counted when he user loads the app into the web browser (WeWeb App is a single page app).

When the user navigates between the different pages of the app, that does not count as a visit. This has many implications - if a user loads the app and keeps it in the browser all day, it still counts as only one app visit, even if they work in the app all day. If the user loads, then closes the app then loads it again, all those would count as visit.

So the app visits depends very much on what it is, how it is built and how it is used.

2 Likes

I’ll also note that the usage limits are about Weweb hosting not the editor. Weweb is a first-class editor with mediocre hosting. (This is no knock on weweb - this dynamic is true for basically all of the no-code web site/app editor services.) If your usage is pushing toward upselling because of downloads, you might look into self-hosting on a world-class CDN (Amazon, Cloudflare, Digital Ocean, etc) where that’s offered for an insanely small amount of money. If you have an annual subscription (e.g., extending your commitment to 12 months rather than paying more per month), you have control over export.

A good reason to upgrade WW are plugins, advanced integrations, editing/staging features. Basically things that drive the development experience.

But If your concern is cost in production, you should look at just driving cost down and quality up by taking Weweb out of that mix.

I wouldn’t worry about that initially because your success will be much more driven by development and marketing. Set up for success, and then as you hit higher milestones, you can pull triggers like the above.

2 Likes

And if you’re looking for a coach to help you along your journey, I coach builders like yourself in both Xano and WeWeb. If you’re interested or get stuck, DM me.

Ray’s Statechange group has been invaluable to my growth as well so you may want to check that out too.

Statechange.ai

Thanks about hosting info! We are of course planning to take Weweb out of that mix, eventually, after doing our MVP here. But I hope we can continue earning with MVP while we build.
We write grant applications at the moment, it would help to know our realistic options. If we lie, we may need to pay the money back. Or if we can’t predict = can’t get the grant.

It’s not about beind on the cheapest plan. 50k was just an easy example. I just need to know how many users I can serve for certain amount of money.

But I already ckecked statistics, that heavy users check some sites in every 30 minutes. Probably can’t be more than that. So that means 50 000 visits is 55 users or maybe more.

“I already ckecked statistics, that heavy users check some sites in every 30 minutes” - but heavy users that check a site often are not going to even sign out. So, in the case of how WeWeb counts monthly visits - the reality is heavy users probably have less of an impact than you think. All you can really do - is just ball park an estimate - if your estimate is higher or lower than reality … it’s not a “lie” so I wouldn’t over think this. I would just ask yourself - based on what the app is - and your target user persona - “how many time per month will the AVERAGE user login”. Honestly - if more user are logging more often than you estimated - that is a great “problem”. Personally, I can’t see any world where the math is 55 users creates 50,000 application visits in WeWeb.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what an average user does since this is my first digital product. We’ve got a persona, but we don’t have any data on how often they might use it.

If this approach doesn’t help us avoid too low estimations and running into issues with our budget, I’m definitely interested in learning how to use existing data to plan better.

Further - I find it really hard to imagine that you would ever exceed 50,000 visits with 1,000 users. Sure, some folks will log in more than one time per day - but not everyone is going to log in every single day, etc. This kinda of KPI only becomes clear after running the app for a couple of months with good quantity of real world users - for your specific app. Without knowing anything about your application or target user - I would say 1000 users - and honestly - I think that is conservative and you would actually be able to support more than 1000.

3 Likes

Okay! Thank you very much!