How to integrate a signature / drawing tool in weweb?

Hi there,

is there a way to integrate a signature / drawing tool into a weweb app?

Thank you and best regards,

Jörg

1 Like

It’s 100% doable using some javascript library. It can be handled by js actions with some limitations or in a custom component for weweb to have it available as a native block to drag and drop in the editor.

There should be also third party services with embeddable widgets.

Do you have a particular example/service in mind? Have you used a drawing tool in other apps before?

Thanks for your answer, dorilama,

unfortunately, I am not familiar with Javascript. So that is not an option for me.

Will go on the hunt for a third party service. Any suggestions? It must be European since I am working under strict GDPR constraints.

Thank you and best regards,

Jörg

I used custom solutiom with js.

Never tried external services, but if your main use is for signatures you can start looking into saas to handle documents/forms.

As Mariano said, you either can go with a SaaS specialized in this kind of things, which would also I think be good as you might get some sort of a security or QA layer, or try to implement it yourself/contract someone to make a component for you. How are you planning to store the signatures?

I would love to do a livestream with someone tomorrow evening on setting this up.

I did a bubble plugin signature pad, won’t be a heavy lift to port it over.

Anyone game? @Quentin or @Slavo or anyone else?

2 Likes

Oo, this is such a good feature. How did you all achieve this in the end?

js library integrated with a custom component.

@dorilama

which js library did you use? And could please show how you integrated it.

Thank you and best regards

the most used library is signature_pad.
To implement it have a look at the developers docs of weweb plus the video tutorial the team made on youtube. It’s very useful to read the open source code of official weweb components to see how they do their stuff. A quick search on github will show you how other project integrated it in vue.
Of course an external service embeddable in the page will be much quicker.

Hi dorilama

thanks for your feedback. If it would only be so simple. I have checked out the developer docs and github. It is way beyond my capabilities.

I have suggested it for one of the weweb office hours. Hopefully it gets picked up there.

In the meantime I will attempt to implement it with Aidaforms.

Thank you and best regards

1 Like

Hi jaredgibb,

I am game to watch you doing it. Couldn’t contribute much, though.