How to fetch a url from my text element with axios

Hello everyone, I am creating a job search page, my db is being fetched from Xano… when I enter the detail page of a job I want to do a fetch with axios to an api similar to google maps that returns the name of a location based on longitude and latitude in the job info. This is my case:

async function getLocationName(lat, lon) {
try {
const response = await axios.get(https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/reverse?format=geojson&lat=${lat}&lon=${lon});

if (response.data) {

const location = await response.data.features[0].properties.display_name; //Full location name
  return location;

} else {
  return "Location not found.";
}

} catch (error) {
console.error(“Internal error:”, error);
throw error;
}
}

//
const lat = variables[/* Selected Job /‘a75e0565-7510-4611-a817-2f74ac0c3368’]?.[‘location’]?.[‘data’]?.[‘lat’];
const lon = variables[/
Selected Job */‘a75e0565-7510-4611-a817-2f74ac0c3368’]?.[‘location’]?.[‘data’]?.[‘lng’];

getLocationName(lat, lon)
.then((location) => {
return location;
})
.catch((error) => {
console.error(“Error:”, error);
});

But this function doesnt execute and just return ‘undefined’

I would really appreciate your help, thank you

you need to await the result of the async function. It’s the same thing as this post

Thanks but my case is not applied from a workflow. I want the fetch to be done directly when the user enters that page… I already tried several times using my code in vsc and it works but for some reason it doesn’t work here

I just told you why it doesn’t work: you need to await the async function. The linked post has resources where you can learn about working with promises in js, it’s useful to understand what are you doing.