How to copy/paste an element with the variables?

I’d like to know if it’s possible to copy an element with some variables, so when I paste it into another file shows the option to import the variables too.

Hi @visualdevs :wave:

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand the use case.

You want to copy an element with variables in another project but have the option to include or exclude variables when pasting?

Yes, so I’m building a design system and I figured out how to create a workflow to copy an element to paste it to any Weweb project.
But I was wondering if it’s possible to not only copy/paste the element but also paste the variables similar to when you add a new element from the Weweb elements. Where I can include the variables.

Ah ok, got it! So the product team is thinking a lot about this these days as it’s groundwork for the future marketplace.

For now, if the two projects are in the same workspace, you can:

First save the element with its variable, in the design system of the first project:

Then add the UI kit of that project in the second project:

Once the UI kit is installed on the second project, users will be able to drag and drop its elements and choose if they want to include the variables or not:

I think he means he wants to copy it to clipboard.

Yeah sorry, I wasn’t clear. Right now when you copy an element to the clipboard and paste it in another project, it will not include the option to exclude variables (it’ll just include everything). We don’t have a solution for this right now but it’s something the product team is looking at closely.

The available workaround is to use a UI kit in the design system.