Google Address Autocomplete in Forms - parsing response

For those that have implemented address autocomplete on forms, I’m wondering how you are parsing the address components? With the Place api call, you get back the formatted_address among other things. Are you parsing this string to break down the values into discrete Street/City/State/Zip values, or are you doing another API call to get the address_components using Place Details or Geocode?

The address_components response seems a bit complex to parse since the number of components in the result is not consistent

Any guidance is appreciated. TIA!

In case someone else needs this, I found some JS that seems to do the trick. After the Google Geocode api call to get the Places ID details, I update a variable with the flow action result (response from Google) with this code:

// Access the address_components from the global context
const address_components = **ADDRESS_COMPONENTS REFERENCE GOES HERE**;

// Check if address_components exists
if (address_components) {
  // Reduce the address_components array to an object with keys as types and values as long_name
  const address = address_components.reduce((seed, { long_name, types }) => {
    types.forEach(t => {
      seed[t] = long_name;
    });

return seed;
  }, {});

// Return the final address object
  return address;
} else {
  // If address_components does not exist, return an empty object
  return {};
}

The updated variable now contains an array like this that can be referenced elsewhere using dot notation:

street_number: "710"
route: "South Main Street"
locality: "Georgetown"
political: "United States"
administrative_area_level_2: "Williamson County"
administrative_area_level_1: "Texas"
postal_code: "78626"

Yes, also watch out, because address components in Guatemala aren’t the same as US or EU