Format number from an "input" field

Hello,

I have a multi-step form in which I included input fields. Many of these input fields have a number format. When the user inputs a number, I’d like it to be formatted properly, e.g. 11111 becomes 11’111. Has someone already face this challenge?
Thank you

Hi @MrUnfreeze :wave:

Yes, it’s a limitation we have on the number input at the moment. The team is working on an update to change that :slight_smile:

If you need the proper formatting urgently for a live app, you can play around with conditional rendering:

• render a Number element by default
  • have a workflow to render an Input element when user clicks on the Number element
  • have a workflow on change to revert back to the Number element once the user has finished typing in a number in the input

More complex than we’d like but it’ll do the trick in the meantime.

Hi Joyce,

Many thanks. It’s not urgent, so I will wait for the update. Do you have an approximate release date? (and out of curiosity, is there a repository where I can see what Weweb works on? )

hi @Joyce,
This has been a big challenge for members of the community in which I participate, for currency formatting, we do it with JS in some cases but it only works when typing, if the input has a value added previously the code doesn’t work, a input with the resources of the number element.
Congratulations on the great work you are doing