Editor not loading after update, can't do any work. SOS

Wasted half an hour (now an hour) refreshing and refreshing and yet to get into the Weweb editor

Not a browser problem, tried with booth Google Chrome & Opera (which I downloaded just for this). I have also disabled all Chrome extensions. (but it doesn’t work with Opera anyway, so not an extension problem).

Not an internet speed problem, my internet is super fast.

Could be a location problem, I am based in Singapore.

Could be a project problem, is my project too big? Tried with a smaller project (with 5 page) and it takes hella long to load too, but, at least I can get in. My main project, can’t even get in. Honestly, I wouldn’t even say it would be a “big project”, maybe about 20 pages.

It is also important to note that yesterday it was working (hella slow too but at least I can get in). So if it’s a project problem that breaks the connection like a wrong piece of code, shouldn’t it work OR don’t work? Not sometimes work but sometimes don’t work.

No network activity and when it does have some activity it still doesn’t load the editor

Help please. SOS. Serious issue. Already opened ticket yesterday, but I need the editor to work now. It used to be that I just couldn’t use the editor night time when traffic was high, but now even during low traffic timings (i.e. past midnight in France time and morning in GMT+8 I can’t use it too)

As Weweb scales, maybe you can consider hiring some support staff that can fix stuff at non French hours. The problem is that at hours such as this where we are faced with serious issues at another timezone (the other side of the world), we cannot reach anyone to fix critical problems.

Actually, even during French hours, ticket response is very slow and most importantly the issue still persists… which would be fine for small bugs but I cant even enter the editor now. Hopefully published apps won’t face critical problems in the future because there would be no one to contact.

NOTE: 2 hours later I am in. BUT please, the issue is still there, I am confident after awhile it will bug out again and when it does, can’t enter again (very annoying and time-wasting)

2 Likes

I have a similar issue.

When I expand the editor and then contract it, the editor is buggered.

CleanShot 2024-06-27 at 23.14.34

I am currently experiencing this @Joyce this is just bad. Honestly. I am stuck here more than 30 minutes I can’t work and I can’t do anything at all cos the editor is simply not loading. EXACTLY as described above. You guys need to help us. The editor working is just too vital for it to be suffering these kinds of long outages. @alexis ANYBODY!!

I mean this issue was reported in June, and this is September and I’m experiencing the same :disappointed:

We gotta be better honestly. You wouldn’t accept such level of service from a provider yourself. I have my entire weekend planned to ship a feature on Monday. Now, I’m not even sure that will work. Do something!

Just to be clear the issue is related to projects and not the editor in general. So once whatever is causing it triggers. Some projects just become unavailable in the editor while other projects would continue to respond. And safe mode and all that stuff won’t even work because the editor itself refuses to open up. So you can’t even trigger safe mode :pensive:

After 1 hour. I am also now finally able to login again.

Just to be clear by the way. This problem HAS NOT been solved.

PLEASE, you need to look into the cause of this and fix it.

Wasting hours of productive time away like this is not cool at all.