Dynamic multiselect with large amounts of data - possible with backend filter?

Hi everyone,

So far I have been able to solve all issues with older threads. Thanks to the great community! Now I’m reaching my limit - maybe someone has an idea?

I have a multiselect field that gets data dynamically from Xano. It is a color selection that consists of a color name and a HEX code. As there are over 1500 entries, the performance is not reasonable.

I have read that it is also possible to filter here in the backend. But I can’t figure out how to implement this in combination with the multiselect field.

In the next step, I would like to define the selection color of the individual object with the corresponding HEX code. But this is not my most important requirement.

Thank you very much!

Thomas

I must admit that I’m not sure if our multi-select allows for back-end filter, but I think a viable option for you would be to build a component inside weweb that will act as a multi-select

You can use our dropdown element as the base

Hi Luka,

thanks for the quick reply and the tip. I have made good progress:

I used search input and the dropdown functionality as a basis. The content of the search input field is written as a variable after the debounce and queried in the database via API, where I have limited the response to 5 items. All performance problems eliminated.

Reading and binding the hex values now also works.

But I’m still at a loss as to how to proceed. On click on the selection should now write the selected value into a multiselect field. Or something like that…

Do you have a keyword for me on how to do this?

Thanks a million!

Thomas

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-28 um 21.49.29

If you want the input field to appear where the multi-select is, why not just add a input next to the multiselect when the value is “Other”