Description tag on button?

Hi guys,

do you know how I could replicate this please? I would like the buttons on my side menu to have a small popup button description during the collapsed state?

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 13.34.05

Use the Dropdown element and place the button inside the Trigger slot, and the tooltip inside the Dropdown slot

1 Like

Hi @luka

The element seems to be hidden behind my content container? any solutions?

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 17.11.07

Read about z-index here

It’s generally a good advice to spend some time learning the basics of html/css/js when working with WeWeb, even thought it is a no-code tool. Understanding the basics makes it much easier to work with, and you will reach further faster and better.

Heres a start :slight_smile:

It’s either going to be a z-index problem or overflow hidden if you have it on any of the parent elements

Thanks guys, i’ll have a play around and read through the documents :slight_smile:

Hi Luka,

I managed to get sorted, thank you!

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.16.34

My only question is can I stylise the div in this fashion as per my original screenshot?

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 13.34.05

@luka i’ve found a guide which suggests you can do this by placing a duplicate div under the first and then modifying it to make it a triangle shape?

I can’t seem to figure this out though.

Do you have any experience with custom CSS? If so this example would help you easily make the triangle

I don’t sadly, I can for sure learn though and work through it!

This is how you do it with a div inside your div

note: this is positioned on the bottom so you need to change the values to adjust

thank you Luka, i’ll have a play around!