Deep Linking (Xano Backend)

I want to be able to Deep Link to specific pages within my application. For example to a specific user’s profile, or to a specific page. My backend is Xano… Any idea on how to go about doing this?

Hi @patopt :wave:

I don’t understand what you mean by deep linking. Can you tell us more about your use case and share screenshots of what you’ve tried and where you’re stuck?

Are the Navigate to workflow action or Link settings section not working as you’d expect?

As far as I understand this is for linking while within the application. What I’d like to be able to do is have anyone press a button to copy a link, or even copy the URL itself, and have it take them to a specific state in the application.

A simple example of this would be going to a user’s profile. I have a page in weweb that can show any user’s profile, what happens when I navigate to that page today is that you click on a user’s name somewhere inside of the application, it stores their user ID, it then navigates to that page where a collection is called passing the stored user id into xano and displaying the information.

What I’d like to have happen is that someone can simply copy a URL for example that they could send to someone else and the person opens the URL and see’s the same user profile as if they had gone through the workflow I stated above in the app.

I think you wanna check out dynamic collection pages - pretty sure you want to leverage this so you have a url to direct to and pass the uid for your the profile you want displayed - Dynamic collection pages | WeWeb documentation

2 Likes

Yes, I think approach #2 in the video of the docs @Mark_Pederson shared will achieve what you want @patopt