Convert to native app (iOS and Android)

Hi everybody! Is there a way to turn a Weweb app into a native app for the app stores?
I know that we can turn it into PWA but I’m looking for options to make it an native app.

You can’t make a vuejs app native, you can only wrap it in a native shell that will load the app with the native webview

1 Like

What will be the best way to make that wrap?

There are many ways/tools, you can look into capacitorjs or expo

1 Like

In general I don’t recommend this wrapper option. It’s a price in user experience for not nearly the savings that most imagine coming in. There are excellent nocode mobile development tools that will let you for short money and time investment make a mobile app that is optimized for the platform. Flutterflow, Draftbit are both no (or at least quite low-)-code options: the experience is in a visual editor like WW. Expo and Flutter are more low-code - you spend your time in a text editor.

Either way - whether you try a capacitor/ionic wrap, a no-code builder, or a higher-code option - expect that shipping to mobile will be significantly more work than shipping a web site. Not impossible, just something to budget for.

2 Likes

Hey @victornocode, I would suggest what @raydeck mentioned for the moment, as WeWeb apps aren’t native on mobile.

PS: I’ve been told native mobile apps might be in our roadmap, but that’s our little secret for you :heart: (no deadline yet, as it’s a big subject on our side :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes