Classes are amazing, here some suggestion

I have started to update all my layouts with classes, I love them. Thank you WeWeb team for such a great feature.

I will post it to feature request but also here in community for discussion.

I have couple of suggestions. Since I have more than 20 classes it become hard to control and navigate them.

1. I would suggest to make “folders” like this, for cases if I have 100+ classes it will save situation.
    List
    -----List items
    ---------------/List Item elements…

1. move New class button on top so no need to scroll to find it each time. List will be very long.

2. As many apps were built before this new feature users will apply stiles and would be nice to see where style is applied where not yet (for better control)

2 Likes

Thanks for this feedbacks :slight_smile:

Some questions to understand more your usage.

For your 20 classes, did you use subclasses as well? Can you copy paste here an example of your class hierarchy?

Subclasses I use if there is 1 element like button, and subclasses are separated by property.
for examples:

Button - parent class
type (by color & fill) like primary , red, blue, fill border etc
size - L M S
width - auto vs fullwidth etc…

I think about folders for some other way:

I have 12 similar lists in my app (i cannot reuse same sections everywhere, content is different)
So to automate i would create calsses:
List (for table)
List cell (for cell - there will be padding, size etc)
List item which will contain a lot of small elements like Image, label, text , button etc

so this will be separate classes as they don’t apply to same elements but they belong logically to the group List

I can imaging to build it through subclasses found its easier to manage NAVIGATION to them separately then to have class List, inside of image label there will be “List - List cell - Image - Image label” its harder to edit coz properties are independent for image or for list cell.

Or you can suggest how to manage that.

Also same rules for modals ( all layout elements will be separate classes like top panel, subelements - they are independedn but I want to group their classes so will be easy to manage.

@aurelie Also we need a button to reset styles somewhere on top.
I have a lot of components with old styles and each time I add new class, I have to look is there any old style or not… it takes a lot of time.

Ahahah we have it during our beta test and decide to remove it

oh I hope you still have a source of that code :laughing: users definitely need it.