Can't seem to get multi-select working as filter

Hello!

I have no problem with single select, but don’t understand how I can filter results with multi-select.

I have a database in Supabase, where I have categories.
Currently it has ID, Name

Another database with the tools, that has 2 relation columns(primary_category & secondary_category) to the database category id.

I’ve chosen multi-select dropdown, where after you have clicked on the values, you get these variables (which are categories_id)

Afterwards, I don’t understand how I can create a formula that filters only tools, that has these IDs (screenshot) all of those tools, for primary_category and secondary_category.

Any tips?

Hi @david :wave:

I made this video for you, let me know if it helps.

Thanks @Joyce,

Thank you for your previous assistance. I managed to fix this with your pointing out of using “in” instead of “=”, which had me stumped.

Now, I’m encountering a different challenge that perhaps you or other community members could assist me with.

I have set up three databases: “Tools”, “Professions”, and “ToolsProfessions”. In the “ToolsProfessions” database, I have established connections between “Tools” and “Professions” since one tool can be applicable to multiple professions. However, I’m struggling to figure out how to implement additional filtering with this setup.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions you or the community could provide.

Thank you!

How does the data look when you pull it from Supabase? Could you share an example that you actually want to filter? Do you filter it on the front(weweb) or backend (supabase)?