Can't find variables easily/quickly - lack details

When using the great “Find variable” feature, we get a list of all references of that variable.

The issue I have is that, when inputs/elements are properly named, it’s great and enough.
But sometimes, it’s not great and it’s hard/impossible to tell where that variable’s location within the app.

In the below example, I really lack details as to where that variable might be:

• What page? (sure, clicking on the blue icon will lead me there, but I wish I could know in advance if I need to)
  • What path? That’s clearly the most useful information here, because the element itself “No name” won’t lead me anywhere when looking for it…

So, I wish we could have another action there, that would display the full detail of the location.
That would really save so much time when running into those lost elements.

3 Likes

+1

The highlighted element should also be made more prominent in the element tree when we click Select

+1

I’ve had to improve my habits to start naming all elements so I don’t run into this “no name.” Then at least when it brings me to the page I can search the layers list for said element.

Related, and though I haven’t bothered taking the time to investigate, there are instances where variables exist but don’t show up in this “find variables” UI. I’ve accidentally deleted a variable thinking it was outdated and no longer in use.

:sweat: That’s terrible, I know I’m relying on it a lot to identify what I can safely delete.

1 Like