API Call time out?

Hi all!

Do API calls from Weweb have a timeout? I am making an API call to a AI model that taken 1-2 minutes to respond and it gives me a network error. The request works fine from my console so I was just wondering if Weweb has a built in time out feature and if so, is there any way to get around it?

Thanks
Ed

Yes! You can always break out of weweb’s built-ins by running a fetch from a custom javascript call. But even then, timeouts are also capped by the browser (at between 60s and 300s depending on which one). So even when you get over WW’s defaults, you have a not-high ceiling.

You’re not alone in working on this problem. Its an ongoing challenge that requires a little creativity and adaptation based on your circumstance. - we often discuss working around these limitations during our office hours at State Change.

Got it, thanks @raydeck - 300s is actually perfect.

I have tried to set this up in a ;Customer JS’ step in the workflow and it says ‘Action Started’ but then is not calling the API or giving any further information it just says ‘action started’.

Do you by any change have an example of how this might look?

Thanks!

What are you trying to do in your custom JS step? Showing can help others give you better advice!

Hey Ray, sorry for the delay here! I have just signed up to State Change, it looks amazing - thanks for telling me about it and talk to you soon hopefully.